- Why Clean a Grill Cover?
- What Do You Need to Get Started?
- How to Clean a Grill Cover? (Easy Guidance)
- What is Needed For Cleaning the Grill Cover?
- Steps to clean your grill cover:
- Final Words
Why Clean a Grill Cover?
What Do You Need to Get Started?
- The cleaning of a grill cover needs no specific schedule but if you use it regularly, then you should definitely schedule its cleaning.
- There is no set rule on how to clean a grill cover – a rule of thumb is that you need to keep it clean all the time.
How to Clean a Grill Cover? (Easy Guidance)
What is Needed For Cleaning the Grill Cover?
- Warm water.
- A soap
- A rough cloth/Sponge
- A mild degreaser (1)
- Paper towels (optional)
- Mix soap in warm water.
- Stir it well to have a good foamy mixture.
- Ensure that the mixture is consistent otherwise cleaning will not be even.
- Take a rough cloth/ sponge and soak it into the soap. Squeeze the rough cloth/sponge two or three times to make sure that it has soaked water properly. (2)
Steps to clean your grill cover:
- Remove the food residues if present on the cover. If there is more sticky food particles then do not scratch it with any hard metal. You can keep a wet sponge on it to soften it.
- After having all the dirt softened, wipe it with a wet sponge.
- Rub the soapy cloth/sponge on the cover and wipe the dirt, dust, and food particles off.
- Wash the cover with fresh water after applying soapy water. Make sure there is no dirt or soap left on the surface. You can check it by touching the surface. If it is still soapy then rinse the whole grill cover with more water.
- Dry the cover under sunlight before using it. If there is some moisture inside then your grill surface will start eroding with rust. If sunshine is not available, then wipe it out with dry cloth completely or place it in front of the fan for fast drying.
- After drying, you can use some shiny material on the grill cover. It is totally optional but it is necessary if you want a shiny grill.
- The grill cover should be properly dried as a wet grill cover may leave moisture in the grill. Moisture inside the grill panel causes rust which reduces the life span of your grill on one side and adds harmful metal debris into the food as a second side-effect.
- Use a scraper so that it can clean out all the stubborn stain with ease. However, do not use it on the outer side with hard hands as it can spoil the looks of your grill cover.
- Grill cover cleaning requires some research about the material used in the solution. The reason is that there are different materials which manufacturers use in them. So, you cannot have one-for-all strategies. You will feel a need to use some extra ingredients depending on the material used in the grill cover.
- Never ignore the grill manual make sure to read all the given instructions.
It may get damaged, and also it will leave scratches inside your washing machine. These scars and scratches will collect bacteria.
Follow the same process as you clean it from outside.
- A hose
- A sponge
- Soapy water
- Dry cloth
Do not use harsh chemicals! Instead, use white vinegar.
Vinyl grill covers need the least effort and time to clean. Additionally, they can dry faster as compared to the other materials. They are waterproof so you do not need to use much water even for thorough cleaning.
No! Several factors affect it including the material of the grill cover and the weather where it is used. It also depends on the place where it is used and maybe the weight of the grill also affects its capability to be blown off.
A clean grill cover ensures the health of your family and it is vital to save your grill from erosion as well. Clean your grill cover today and show love and care for those who enjoy your delicious BBQed food. (3)